When we see the world through eyes of distrust, it can be hard to find a reflection of love from the world.
Sometimes we wait for others to open up first. We wait for them to show us that they love us. Then we decide how much we will love them back.
I have learned the hard way that this isn’t how love works…
My return to love was inspired by the soft and caring qualities that my job requires. This job requires a motherly presence, patience, forgiveness and grace. These qualities have challenged me to look at how I can better give and receive love in all aspects of my life.
To challenge myself to show more love to others, I created a list of ways to show love. It all comes down to caring about and giving to others, mother earth, and yourself.
- Volunteer. In my experience with volunteering, it’s important to find the right fit for your interests and schedule.
- Help in ways that you can help. Sometimes we get stuck in thinking that we don’t make that big of a difference, but I promise you that if you help in the ways that you can help, you will make somebody’s day better. Don’t get stuck in beliefs of not having enough time or resources. Remember: “It cost $0.00 to be a kind [I’ll add: and loving] human being” (from @mindbodygreen).
- Write to be of service. As I continue the blogging journey, I’m learning how some bloggers are of service to others through their writing. Their blog posts offer motivation, tips on life, valuable information, and humor.
- Write letters of gratitude to show your appreciation. Check out the post “How to take your gratitude practice up a notch” for more information on writing and giving letters of gratitude.
- Give hugs 😊
- Cook and bake for others
- Be patient
- Give your time
- Protect mother earth
- Practice self-care and self-love
We may not feel perfect in the ways we give and receive love. If we challenge ourselves moment by moment to do things that bring more love into our world, it becomes easier to show and receive love.
In what ways do you show love?