In Julie’s words “The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy. The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post/or on your blog.“
Join me as I answer the 11 questions and nominate blogs for the Sunshine Blogger award.
1. What is the best present you ever received? One of the most memorable childhood presents were from one of my elementary best friends. She once visited a National Park in California and brought me a box of rocks. I thought it was sweet of her to bring a part of the park to share with me since I’d never visited a national park. When I moved out of state a few years later she also gifted me a beta fish.
Both of these presents are memorable because my parents laughed when I showed them the rocks. The beta fish died on our car trip to our new home, and this hurt me so much. Our van did not have air conditioner, and we were traveling during warm weather. I still regret not taking better care of the fish like refilling its water with cold water..
2. What are three small sources of joy for you? Flowers or floral-themed things, chocolate 😊, and music
3. Where is the last place you traveled and why? The last place I traveled to was Mexico almost one year ago. I visited my grandfather with my mom because he was very ill. He’s doing so much better now!
4. Where is your dream vacation? I have so many dream vacations! I would really love to go to Europe to visit all of the places that sound cliche to visit (I’ve never been there), to visit countries like France, Austria, Italy, and Spain.
5. What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a teacher, and I’m now a middle-school English Language Arts teacher.
6. When did you feel that what you said or what you did really resonated with your soul? I feel like blogging really resonates with my soul. As I try to become more purposeful with blogging, I feel like with every blog post that I write, I try to make it as true to myself as possible.
I love writing as a way to express myself, as a way of art, and so keeping the blog updated is always a way for me to share any positive energy or advice. When I follow the writing passion, I feel like I lead by example and hope others are inspired to be passionate about their own writing practices and projects.
7. What are you afraid of or what fear have you overcome? I’m sometimes afraid of dying before writing the book I’ve always wanted to write. I’m haunted by writers and artist who died too young. I’ve always wondered if there was more creative goodness they could have shared with the world and with generations to come.
8. What is one of your favorite books? The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
9. What is your favorite type of cuisine? I love food that’s delicious and to my taste and don’t have a favorite cuisine.
10. What is one of your favorite songs? So many to choose from! One of my favorite songs that I always go back to is “Everywhere I go” by Lissie. There’s a version of it featuring Ellie Goulding and a cover by Sleeping at Last.
11. What is one of your favorite movies? Once again, I have many. One of my favorite Christmas romantic comedies is “While You Were Sleeping”. Sandra Bullock stars in it.
I nominate StarFire Teja:Happy Up Your Life with Teja and KittyKat Chronicles: writing and artsy free spirit. Teja and Kylie both have beautiful and loving souls 💛 💖 🌻 🌞✨. They are passionate about writing which I think most of the readers of this blog can relate to.
Teja is currently working on her next book called Reaching for Orange: Practices, Visualizations, & Blessings to Help You Happy Up Your Life. You can read about her book here.
And Kylie shares her personal journaling projects and writing joys and must haves. Her posts are complemented with aesthetic pictures that always give her blog a cozy place to read and share your thoughts such as in her most recent one “Rainy day Saturdays”.
I’m always left with positive energy when I visit their blogs and chat with them. Please visit their blogs and give them a follow!
My 11 Questions for Teja and Kylie:
1. What is one of your life dreams/goals?
2. Who do you look up to?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. What is your favorite writing-related memory?
5. Where do you find inspiration?
6. What do you love the most about blogging?
7. What’s one thing that keeps you motivated?
8. Dogs or cats?
9. What’s your favorite holiday?
10. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
11. Who is your favorite writer?