2020?! Yes, 2020
Last year, I shared on here that I picked up the practice of choosing a word as a theme for the upcoming year. Last year, I chose “abundance”.
I don’t remember exactly where I first heard of this practice, but I decided I’d use it, too, as a way to keep myself centered throughout the year.
I’ve decided to choose two words for 2020. I learned from 2019’s word “abundance” that a word has a positive and negative charge.
For the year of 2020, I want to embrace the word’s opposite, too. So I chose the words “bold” and “light”.
Before I go on selfishly chitter-chattering about all of the reasons why I chose these words and their significance to me, please let me know:
- Have you heard of this one-word, new year practice?
- If you have, what word did you choose?
- Was 2019 YOUR year? Or are you ready to tell it “thank you, next”? What are you looking forward to in 2020?
Now, on to my selfish chitter-chatter on why “bold” is the word everyone must choose for the year 2020.
Why I chose “bold”
“Bold” has two meanings that of doing things with confidence and courage and that of “having a strong appearance” (source: Google).
This 2020, I envision myself living with more bravado. To let every word & every action have echo and firmness.
I don’t know that I chose the word or the word chose me. Either way “bold” is definitely out of my comfort zone.
If you didn’t know, I made a drastic change mid year that changed the way I both saw my life and myself. It was an out of my comfort-zone change. As if it that drastic change has not caused me enough inner and outer change already, I’ve decided to continue riding this wave of change by putting myself in out-of-my-comfort situations that require me to be, you guessed it, “bold”.
I also chose “light” because I realize that “bold”‘s counterpart is just as important. “Bold” is a heavy word, so I’ll need lightness to balance it out.
Reasons to choose “bold” as your word for the year 2020
- Bold to give you more confidence in your decisions
- Bold to inspire you to leave a mark on the world. And hopefully an intentional positive difference
- Bold if you feel like you’re navigating unknown territory
- Bold so that you don’t stay stuck in routines of unhappiness because living the life of your dreams takes courage
- And light when enough boldness is enough
Did I convince you to choose the word “bold”? I hope not! 😆 Unless that word speaks to you, too.