“How do you want to feel?” is the question we should be asking ourselves instead of “What do you want to accomplish?”
As I grow older, my goal has always been to be a happy person. To be a happy person, one must choose a positive attitude more often than not.
I say more often than not because positivity doesn’t mean that we don’t experience bouts of anger or sadness. It also doesn’t mean that we’re positive people 24/7.
There’s a quote I read a while back from Desirée B. Silvage’s blog LITERARY TRUCE :
The art of aging is the art of keeping some hope.
As I grow older, I’ve come to understand that I must work hard to protect the part of me that is hopeful because there will always be things that try to take our hope away.
Positivity comes down to the way we choose to perceive life. Positivity always comes down to one choice. May we continue to choose that which keeps our hope alive.
Living in the present moment is magical. This magical, powerful moment has so much power to change your day and life. This magical, profound moment has so much goodness ready for you to experience.
- Experience peace: Give your attention to what’s at hand. Even if it’s not the best of experiences, you’ll feel more at peace than you would if you are holding on to unproductive thoughts as well.
- Experience freedom: Let go of your expectations of the world and your life. When you lower those expectations, life has a way of surprising you.
- Experience gratitude 🙏 : You become hyper aware of all of your blessings. A conversation goes from being a conversation to something deep, meaningful, & profound.
- Experience the wonder and the beauty of life: Your senses become hyper aware of your surroundings and feelings: the thunder in the thunderstorm or the excitement of something new.
- Attune to Wisdom: Refer to your accumulated knowledge & experience when you’re face to face to a problem.
- Find clarity: Clarity is here for you when you’re about to make an important decision or when you need help processing a major life experience.
- Live a richer life 🌱 : The present moment has so much to offer you, from more memorable and profound experiences to a life full of wonder & beauty.
you’re doing it wrong, one of my regular customers at McDonald’s used to say. He’d say this when I was taking orders, getting ready to mop the floor, or just about any time he visited the store. He’d even sing it, as he was walking in, to anyone who was willing to listen.
Truth be told there’s nothing fun about mopping a floor. There’s nothing fun about turbulent times either.
But it makes me wonder though just how much power we individually have to enjoy life every moment. It comes down to choice. Do you choose something that will make you more miserable or something that will help you keep your peace?
Enjoying life isn’t meant to be that difficult. We sometimes forget to be creative in the way we take things in. We forget that we have the choice to see the bright side of things.
- Spend your time doing the things that will bring you a sense of fulfillment instead of dread.
- It’s as simple as thinking back about your day’s or week’s accomplishments.
How can you live your life in such a way that you completely enjoy it almost always. In such a way that you find beauty or wisdom or love or laughter even during turbulent times?
In such a way that even during turbulent times, you find the will to keep going for your dreams, that you find appreciation for what matters most to you, that you find all of the reasons for why even then, life is still good.
Photo of “Tree” by Emre Kuzu from Pexels